Utah Code Title 75 is also known as the Utah Uniform Probate Code. The code states that the probate code’s underlying purposes and policies are:
- To simplify and clarify the law concerning the affairs of the decedents, missing persons, protected persons, minors, and incapacitated persons;
- To discover and make effective the intent of a decedent in distribution of his property;
- To promote a speedy and efficient system for administering the estate of the decedent and making distribution to his successors;
- To facilitate use and enforcement of certain trusts; and
- To make uniform the law among the various jurisdictions.
A full copy of the probate code may be found here: https://le.utah.gov/xcode/Title75/75.html